Saturday, April 30, 2011

An American pause

In between my daily rampage of croissants, escargot, chocolat chaud, chocolate truffles and many other ridiculous pastries and sweets, I sampled my friend’s chocolate chip cookies.

Lola’s Cookies: these beautifully oversized chocolaty treats, were the last thing I needed to distract me in my sweet tour around Paris. But they would not be ignored.

A box of 12 golden brown, chocolate-studded, firm and cakey home-baked cookies, quintessentially American yet made with Parisian ingredients and love.

They were dense, delicious and addictive. One bite, two bites, eight bites later… I wanted another, and then another.


They only thing keeping me from annihilating the whole box at once were the gateaux and pastries that beckoned me outside. And knowing I'd be back this summer to sample the peanut butter chocolate chunk, white chocolate, lemon and cashew, oatmeal raisin and snickerdoodles that have gone untasted.

No comments: