Thursday, December 09, 2010

Dessert Blitz: Carrot Cake at Rose Bakery

In one month’s time, I will be back in New York. I, of course, have mixed feelings about this. But one thing is for sure: I have a lot of sweets to get through. Today…

The ever-famous cylindrical carrot cake from Rose Bakery.


Rose reduces the amount of sugar in her recipe, making it a titch healthier than most.

But can such an obscene amount of cake be considered healthy?

Tell me if there’s anything you want to sample vicariously through me… it would be my pleasure.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked it a lot but I found it to be a bit drier than most carrot cakes I've had! Could be the reduced sugar (never knew that! Looks like I'm in for a piece sooner rather than later!)

Forest said...

looks good...and i think the shape is good. how was it?

Parisbreakfasts said...

And can such an obscene amount of creamcheese icing be healthy?
I;ve never had the nerve to get this...but then after finish that mixed salad plate who has room?
at least until you cross the street to Del-Mon-Tell...
Plus there are FAB plum tartes down the street in a quelle orinaire patisserie.
I will NOT go to Paris and eat cupcakes, cheesecake or carrot cake or muffins!
JAMAIS!
one has enough choices as it is.

Anna's Table said...

I recently posted a carrot-pineapple cake recipe, and thought I would surely kill someone with all the layers of cream cheese frosting but(sorry for the pun)....these really take the cake. I've never seen such a thick layer of icing. No doubt they must have been scrumptious.