Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nutter

Finally. I can check Bouchon’s Nutter Butter off my list.

I love the concept of gourmet interpretations of trashy sweets, even if it gets a little pretentious. Bouchon’s Nutter Butter has been on my radar for a long, long time. The opportunity to indulge and the availability of the cookie finally aligned last night, a fine summer night.

In classic dessert for dinner form, I brought this creamy beast to the Philharmonic for my picnic dinner with Kev. As well it should, Bouchon's reincarnation takes the treat to a whole new level.

The monstrous double-decker is made with two soft peanut butter cookies that are chock full of peanut chunks and oats. They’re good. Totally different consistency than City Bakery’s heavenly specimen, but good. What elevates it is the creamy peanut butter filling. It’s whipped and airy, almost like peanut butter frosting, so there’s none of that stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth thickness. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. But, for this treat, the delicacy of the center is what makes this a sophisticated splurge.

Time Warner Center
Third Floor
212.823.9366

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this site. reminds me of all the sweets i am missing in nyc. now i can vicariously eat them all.